Settings on ExakTime Mobile allow you to change how some information is viewed and how ExakTime Mobile can function. Any changes made to settings on a device are unique to the device and will not affect other copies of ExakTime Mobile.
Accessing all Settings for ExakTime Mobile can only be done by employees with an ExakTime Mobile Administrator role or equivalent. For more information about ExakTime Mobile security roles, you can refer to the following article. If the employee does not have permission to edit preferences, they will only have limited access to Settings.
Consistent ExakTime Mobile Settings
You can use "Mobile Settings" to ensure that all copies of ExakTime Mobile have the same settings. For more information about this, you can refer to the following article.
Navigating to Settings
Press the three lines ( ☰ ) towards the top left of ExakTime Mobile and press Settings from the menu.
If using iOS, you will have a 'General' option to press. If using Android, the settings will be presented in a list.
- Crew Confirmation - When clocking in/out for a crew, a list of the employees in the crew will be shown where you can add or remove employees to be clocked in/out.
- Sync - How often ExakTime Mobile will try to automatically sync when ExakTime Mobile is open on the Time Clock Screen. This will update the list of active employees, locations, cost codes, etc. and any permissions for employees. This can be set to every 24 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, or manual only.
- Ask for Out Location - While an employee is clocking out, they will be asked for the location that they are clocking out from.
- Require Fix for Clock In/Out - Before an employee can clock in or out, ExakTime Mobile must receive an acceptable GPS coordinate to associate to the time punch.
- Require Location Services - Before an employee can clock in or out, ExakTime Mobile must be able to access GPS information, if any.
- Send After Clock In/Out - After an employee successfully clocks in or out, any unsent records will be sent. If unsuccessful, it will save the record to try again on the next clock in/out or sync.
- Log Out After Clock In/Out - After an employee successfully clocks in or out, ExakTime Mobile will log out the employee to the number pad. This is most useful for devices that will be shared at a location so employees can pass around a device in the morning and afternoon.
- Clock In/Out Comments - When an employee clocks in/out, the employee can include a comment to their time record for review in ExakTime Connect.
- Crew Clock Comments - When a crew is clocked in/out, the user clocking in/out can include a comment with the time record(s) for review in ExakTime Connect.
Settings Unique to Android
The following settings are currently unique to Android:
- Clock In Confirmation - When an employee clocks in, the location and cost code selection will be shown for the employee to confirm is correct.
- Camera Rotation - Used to ensure that the front-facing camera is oriented properly when taking and saving a photo. By default, this is set to Automatic, but can be set to Manual. This setting is available to all users.
- FaceFront Preview and FaceFront Photo - Rotation for the front-facing camera if the Camera Rotation has been set to Manual.
Employee, Location & Cost Code Settings
The following settings change how information is displayed and for certain settings, what information will be used. These settings can be accessed by all users unless indicated otherwise. If using iOS, you will have to press the appropriate option to view the sttings. If using Android, the settings will be presented in a list.
- Display Order - Show employee names as Last Name, First Name or First Name Last Name.
- Show - Show the employee name, employee ID, employee name then ID or employee ID then name.
- Sort By - Sort the employee by their last name or first name.
- Show - Show the location name, location ID, location name then ID, or location ID then name.
- Sort By - Sort locations by their name or ID.
- Default - Specify a default location to be used by all employees using the device. When clocking in, the default location will be used. This is useful for a stationary device that employees will be sharing and the location will not be changing. This setting can only be accessed by an Administrator or a user with permission to adjust ExakTime Mobile settings.
Cost Code Settings
- Show - Show the cost code name, cost code ID, cost code name then ID, or cost code ID then name.
- Sort By - Sort cost codes by their name or ID.
- Default - Specify a default cost code to be used by all employees using the device. When clocking in, the default cost code will be used. This is useful for a stationary device that employees will be sharing and the cost code will not be changing. This setting can only be accessed by an Administrator or a user with permission to adjust ExakTime Mobile settings.
- Show - Show the equipment name, equipment ID, equipment name then ID, or equipment ID then name.
- Sort By - Sort equipment by its name or ID.