In ExakTime Connect, there is a report to help users track unpaid breaks. This is referred to as the Employee Work time/Off-Clock Summary report.
Employee Work Time/Off-Clock Summary displays each Employee's unpaid breaks during the work day over any time period. It also provides an average so that you can quickly see who is typically taking lunch breaks that are too short or too long. Note that incomplete punches are not accounted for in this report.
This report works by tracking time accumulated between their out and in punches created after the first clock of the day for the given date range. It will only separate UNPAID (time accrued off the clock) time from regular time total. Paid breaks are included as just regular time.
To access this report, go to Reports>Employee>Work Time/Off-Clock Summary
Like other reports, you'll want to choose a date range and any formatting options as needed. Be sure to take a look at the Report Specific Options available for the report:
- Sort by: Choose to sort this list of employees by their names or their employee IDs
- Group by Category: Group employees by their ExakTime Connect categories if available; if an employee does not have a category assigned, they will appear under (Unassigned)
- Show each Employee on a separate page: Have each individual employee show on a separate page
- Show Overtime Hours: Split hours into Regular, Overtime, and Overtime 2
An example of the report can be seen below. In the totals section, it includes the average Start times, average End times, total time on and off the clock, as well as the average time for both on and off the clock totals.
- Average Start Time: On average, the employee clocks in around this time
- Average End Time: Employee typically clocks out around this time
- Average Work Time: Employee works about this much time per shift
- Average Off-Clock: Indicates the average length of the employee's breaks
Things to note:
- Shift are applied to the date in which they appear for on the Time Card Details screens
- If Midnight Split is applied, the shifts will appear as two separate days, but total accrued time will still be accurate
For more information regarding reports, please refer to the following article: Reports Walkthrough