Lunch breaks can be automatically deducted from your employees' time card with the auto lunch policy. Once the employee has worked the minimum amount of hours to receive the auto-lunch, it will be deducted at the end of the employees work day or at a specified time.
While this article covers our auto lunch policy, we also have an article for other employee policies here: In-Depth: Employee Policies
Setting Up The Auto Lunch Policy
- Go to
- Select the policy group on the left that will be receiving an auto lunch or create a new policy group.
and review the settings.
- Specify how long an employee must work before the auto lunch will be applied and how many minutes should be deducted.
- By default, the auto-lunch will be deducted at the end of the day once the employee has clocked out and worked over the required amount. The auto-lunch can be specified to appear at a certain time.
- The location & cost code used for the auto-lunch by default will go to most used location and cost code for the day. If an auto-lunch is assigned to a specific cost code, the auto-lunch will use the specific cost code, but the location will always be the most used location.
- Use custom Auto Lunch policy comment allows you to specify the comment listed beneath Auto Lunch records when they appear on the Time Card Details screen. To edit, check the box and type your desired comment.
- If an employee were to receive overtime/doubletime, the auto-lunch will deduct from the most "expensive" time first, regardless of the location/cost code it has. If there is not enough time to deduct the full auto-lunch amount, it will go towards the next "expensive" time, and so on until all the auto-lunch time is deducted.
- When done adjusting your policy, press at the bottom.
Using the Auto Lunch Policy
The auto lunch policy should automatically deduct time from your employees time card without your involvement. Once they have reached the minimum required hours, the auto lunch will appear on the time card based on your settings.
Note: Auto Lunches cannot be deleted. If an auto lunch needs to be removed, the time can be modified and zeroed-out so no deductions are made.