Before we can begin to export data from AccountLinx, it is important to map your entities such as employees, locations and cost codes to their equivalent entity in your accounting application. This is to ensure that AccountLinx exports the information in a way that your accounting application will understand.
How you map your employees, locations, or cost codes will depend on your accounting package. If we can directly communicate with an accounting package, then we can map the ExakTime Connect entity with its direct equivalent (e.g. ExakTime Connect Location would map to a QuickBooks Customer/Job). If we export the time data into a file that is imported into an accounting package, then you will enter the data that needs to be used for your export (e.g. employee Chris Coleman in ExakTime Connect has an employee ID of 150280 for ADP. When we export the data for ADP to use for payroll purposes, ADP would be expecting an employee ID to recognize the employee, not the employee name.)
As accounting applications can be flexible in their setup, the steps below may not address all situations but should cover a majority of them. If the steps below do not fit your expectations, please use the "Ask For Help" link at the top of the support site to request further assistance from our product support team.
Once a mapping has been done for an employee, location, and/or cost code, you will not need to map it again. You would only need to map new entities that not yet been mapped. If we do not have the option to map a location and/or cost code, then the selected exporter does not support the exporting of location and/or cost code information with time data.
Mapping Manually For Applications That Require IDs
- Click on the appropriate mapping button near the top-left of AccountLinx.
- When the mapping window is open, you will see the ExakTime Connect option on the far left. To the right will be a column(s) that will require an ID/Code/Number that will be recognized by your accounting/job-costing application. If you are unsure, the column header will indicate what data is expected to be entered. So, for example, Chris Coleman's ID for his accounting application is CCOLE. This ID is entered here so when the Chris Coleman is exported from AccountLinx, it will use CCOLE for identification.
- When the mappings have been completed, press .
Mapping With Integration
For supported applications, AccountLinx can be set to pull any Employee, Location and/or Cost Code IDs for mapping purposes with Integration. After it has been enabled, any entity with missing mappings will become mapped after AccountLinx opens. It will also make it so if the mappings are changed in AccountLinx, it will update the respective ID in ExakTime Connect to ensure the data is consistent between the two.
- Go to
- Click on
- Enable the integration needed.
Please Note: If the ID for an entity in ExakTime Connect is missing/blank, but the entity is mapped within AccountLinx, it will remove the mapping in AccountLinx and be wiped out to match ExakTime Connect.
if all the IDs for the selected options are present in ExakTime Connect.
- Press until you return to AccountLinx. The next time you open AccountLinx, your employees, locations, and/or cost codes will already be mapped based on the IDs in ExakTime Connect. If you used the "Sync Now" function mentioned above, then your entities will be mapped based on your IDs in ExakTime Connect already and you will not have to reopen AccountLinx.
Mapping Manually For Applications That Offer Direct Connection
For supported applications such as QuickBooks or Sage 100 MasterBuilder, mapping can be done by associating the ExakTime Connect location with the equivalent directly in QuickBooks or Sage 100. This removes the need to enter information such as IDs/Codes directly.
- Click on the appropriate mapping button in the top left of AccountLinx.
- Select the ExakTime Connect entity on the left-hand side and the equivalent entity on the right-hand side from your Accounting/Job-Costing application. Click
- Once mapped, the Accounting/Job-Costing application entity will appear next to the ExakTime Connect entity.
- Press when finished.