Commonly referred to as TimeSummit or simply ExakTime, ExakTime Connect is our primary cloud-based time tracking software. The cloud-based effectively replaces our older, locally installed TimeSummit Enterprise and TimeSummit Professional software.
Like other software, there are minimum requirements that must be met in order to use the system. ExakTime Connect is a website thus in addition to the requirements below, you'll need to have access to the internet and a browser. Officially, we do not have a recommended browser; however, users have found Google Chrome and FireFox to be preferable.
Recommended Internet Speed
For the ideal ExakTime Connect and AccountLinx experience, we recommend 10 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload.
1.8 core 2 duo or faster processor; 3 GHz or faster processor recommended
2 gigabyte or more; 4-gigabyte (GB) or more recommended
Operating System Requirements
- Windows 10 (64-bit or 32-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit or 32-bit)
- Windows 2012 Server or 2012 Server R2 or newer (64-bit or 32-bit)
- Windows 7 (64-bit or 32-bit)
- Windows 8 RT is not supported
- Windows 2000 is not supported
- Macintosh users will need to install a compatible version of Windows using Boot Camp, Parallels, VMWare Fusion, or virtualization
Accessing ExakTime Connect
If you need to setup your ExakTime Connect account from scratch, see our guide: How To Create Your ExakTime Connect Account
Accessing ExakTime Connect must be done through your company's unique URL. Typical formats for company URLs are yourcompanyname.exaktime.com where "yourcompanyname" could be anything and would have been specified during setup. URLs directly access the login page which require an email and password combination. There should always be at least one administrative login available; ExakTime Connect attempts to actively prevent the deactivation of admins unless done so by another administrator.
If you do not have login credentials, an ExakTime Connect Administrator (users with Administrator permissions within the software) or someone with equivalent permissions within your company will need log in. See the following guides for using Security Roles, giving access, and creating additional administrators:
Breaking Down ExakTime Connect
Consider this to be your company at a glance. The Dashboard provides a System Status to let you know when we may be undergoing maintenance or experiencing service disruptions, a Favorite Reports section if you need to quickly run a report you've marked as favorite, Quick Add Links so you can add Employees, Locations and other entities without having to navigate to the Manage lists, and a Support widget with links to our help guides and feedback area.
You'll also see a ticker that shows how many employees are clocked in. This number updates based on the number of IN punches that exist on the Time Cards for the given day that do not have a corresponding OUT punches. Beneath it, you can flip through Locations seeing who is clocked in and the weather based on Bing information for that area.
The Dashboard also lists the Company Setup Code for activating ExakTime Mobile and SyncCenter. Lastly, you can view Field Notes that have synced from devices in the field.
This section lets you view time record data in line item format.
- My Time Card - Displays the time card of the user signed in only. Like the Time Card Detail page, this provides an in-depth look at the time record information including daily and date range totals.
- Time Card Summary - Provides an overview of the Time Cards at a glance. Also shows time that has been quarantined due to Approvals or Closed pay Periods. For more information, see: In-Depth: Time Card Summary
- Time Card Detail - An in depth look at time records for all employees; able to sorted by Locations. For more information, see: Time Card Detail Walkthrough
- Bulk Time Entry - Use bulk time entry to add a single time record to multiple employees. You can edit or remove the time on individual employee time cards after adding. For more information, see: How to Add Time with Bulk Time Entry
Hub for all things related to the Scheduling system.
- Today's Schedules - See who is scheduled for today separated by those who clocked in early, on time, late, or never showed up.
- My Schedule - Show scheduled shifts assigned to the logged in User
- Manage Schedules - Add, edit, or delete schedules for Employees
* = Not available by default
ExakTime Connect features a wide bevy of Reports at your disposal to pull information in a reader-friendly format. This can be anything from a report that list all the active employees for given date range to an in-depth break down of an employee's time records for a whole year.
For more information regarding reports, please refer to the following guide: Reports Walkthrough
Hub for managing nearly all facets of ExakTime Connect functionality. Here you can add, edit, and deactivate Employees, Locations, Cost Codes, Security Roles and many other entities. For more information on the following items, see the guides below:
- Employees, Locations, & Cost Codes - ExakTime Connect Essentials
- Manage the basic entities needed for time tracking
- Equipment - In-Depth: Equipment
- Manage equipment tracking
- Mobile Devices & Settings - In-Depth: Mobile Settings
- See all devices with active ExakTime Mobile and adjust applicable settings
- JobClocks - How to Add Your JobClock or Hornet to ExakTime Connect
- Main page for assigning Jobclocks and checking battery status for each clock that sends in data
- Categories - In-Depth: Categories
- Create categories for organizing information within ExakTime Connect
- Groups - In-Depth: Crews/Groups
- Create and assign groups for organizing information within ExakTime Mobile
- Custom Fields - In-Depth: Custom Fields
- Manage additional user-defined fields for fine-tuning information in ExakTime Connect
- Policies - In-Depth: Employee Policies
- Adjust, create, or delete Policy Groups for employees to regulate Overtime, Midnight Splits and other settings
- Shift Pay Codes - In-Depth: Shifts
- Manage shift specific pay codes
- Company Settings - In-Depth: Company Settings
- Define several options that affect your ExakTime Connect system including timezones and default preferences
- Security Roles - ExakTime Connect Security Roles Walkthrough
- Define roles that allow or restrict access to ExakTime Connect while assigning what functions are available to them
- Licensing - Employee Licenses and Limits
- Manage active user allotment
A set of utilities that may not always be needed for completing payroll, but are useful for company housekeeping.
- Map View - Show punches on a map based on their coordinates as well as GeoTrakker crumbs
- For more information, see: In-Depth: Map View
- Field Notes - A grid view showing all synced Field Notes
- For more information, see: In-Depth: Field Notes on ExakTime Mobile
- ExakTime Forms Viewer - View Employee Form responses for a given date range
- For more information, see: In-Depth: ExakTime Mobile Forms
- Time Card Form Response Selector - The form response selector allows you to choose the ExakTime form questions you want available in the column manager for time card views. Questions that are available in the column manager can be added to the time card grid. Employee responses to the questions are displayed along with clock in and out information.
- Expenses - Manage and view expenses
- For more information, see: In-Depth: Expenses
- Import - CSV importer for adding Employees, Locations, and Cost Codes
- For more information, see: CSV Import for Employees, Locations, and Cost Codes
- Collection Details - A detailed activity log complete with a list of recently synced devices and punches as well as unedited times and JobClock Collection dates.
- For more information, see: In-Depth: Collection Details
- Getting Started - A quick link to our "Getting Started" help guide
- Support Site - A link to the landing page for our support guides including a search bar and commonly used guides
- Remote Assistance - A tool for getting connected to a Tech Support when they prompt for remoting into your machine
- System Status - System status page to stay update with any service disruptions
A place to leave feedback on your ExakTime Connect experience including a feature request forum to add requests for functions you believe would be beneficial within ExakTime Connect.
Invite a friend to join the ExakTime family and receive rewards for those who purchase!
Additional ExakTime Software
ExakTime Connect handles the primary time tracking features; however, to help you with the day-to-day operations and payroll, we offer a few additional resources that seamlessly work with Connect to streamline many workflows.
Available to Connect and Legacy customers, SyncCenter collects records from FastTrakker Pros and syncs it to the user's ExakTime Connect database or TimeSummit database. It was formerly known as SyncCenter II and is a replacement for RemoteLinx. It uses a simplistic user interface similar to ExakTime Mobile. For more information, see: Installing SyncCenter or SyncCenter for ExakTime Connect
ExakTime Mobile is a smart phone solution to the standard Clocking IN/OUT process allowing employees to make punches on the go and sync to ExakTime Connect directly from their phone. It's best to think of this as a mobile JobClock rather than a mobile version of ExakTime Connect, although they do share some similar functionalities. We've added several new features to ExakTime Mobile like the ability to see Time Cards and enter expenses directly from the device.
For Information, see: In-Depth: ExakTime Mobile
To help with exporting information from ExakTime Connect and importing into your accounting package, we offer a supplemental software called AccountLinx.
AccountLinx connects directly to your ExakTime Connect database to pull time records and readies them for export based on your accounting package.
In order to export, you must select an Exporter compatible to your accounting package. AccountLinx offers a wide variety of compatible exporters and direct connections to accounting packages including QuickBooks, Sage, and Paychex as well as a raw text exporter capable of producing a .csv for simple importing.
Creating every Employee, Location (Job), or Cost Code (work, tasks, activity) from scratch can be a tedious task depending on quantity. ExakTime offers SyncLinx, a software that allows users to pull the aforementioned information from their accounting packages into ExakTime Connect to assist with populating the employee, location, and cost code lists.