When importing information via a comma-separated value (CSV) file into the system, it may be important to confirm if the appropriate information has been imported, updated, or if any information resulted in any errors.
Security Role Permission
- From the menu bar, go to Manage and click Security Roles.
- Click the ExakTime Connect tab.
- Select the existing ExakTime Connect role or click Add Security Role.
While Administrators will already have this feature enabled by default, any security group can be given permission to review the import history.
The "Import History" permission will be found amongst the other ExakTime Connect security permissions under the "Tools & Communication" section.
The available permissions for "Import History" are:
- No Access
- Access All
- Cost Codes
For more information about ExakTime Connect security permissions, you can refer to ExakTime Connect Permissions And What They Do and/or How to Create and Assign a Security Role for ExakTime Connect
The Import History Screen
The import history screen can be found by clickingand clicking .
As Employees, Locations, and/or Cost Codes are imported with a CSV file, the import history will show you:
- Type: The type of entity to be imported
- Last Updated: When the import was done
- Complete: If the import has completed
- Error: If there are were errors during the import
- Inserts: How many new entities were created
- Updates: How many existing entities were updated
- Successes: How many successful inserts and updates there were
- Failures: How many failures there were
- Error File: If there were any errors, a document can be downloaded to show what could not be imported and why.
Use the date selector to review the import history from a specific date.
If an error file was attached, you can click the paper icon to download and review the errors to see why an entity could not be imported. In our example below of an error file, a set of cost codes could not be imported due to having an invalid "Status" value.