With ExakTime Mobile, employees can be required to enter a comment if they were to clock in or out outside of a Geofence. The comment entered by the employee will appear on their time card detail alongside the corresponding time record for review.
For more information on Geofence warnings and restrictions, you can refer to Setting Up Geofence Warnings and Restrictions
- To enable this setting, go to
- The ExakTime Mobile tab should already be selected. Select the ExakTime Mobile role that should require a comment when clocking in/out outside of a Geofence.
- On the right-hand side, scroll through the permissions until you find the Geofence section. Click the radial button for "Warn employees when clocking in/out outside GeoFence, or if Geofence is unknown." and check the box for "Require employees to add a comment when clocking in/out outside Geofence".
- Save your changes.
- To receive this new setting, your employees will need to sync their copies of ExakTime Mobile, either manually or automatically.
- Once ExakTime Mobile recognizes the new permission for the employee, the employee will see the following prompt when clocking in or out when outside of a Geofence.