The system supports up to 15 optional categories (not required within the system) to which employees can be assigned. The User Defined L1 - L15 screens provide for the configuration of employee tracking fields.
These additional fields allow data to be collected and stored using either a radio button or a dropdown list.
Here are some examples of information that can be tracked using User Defined Lookup Fields:
- Additional labor tracking needs, such as Business Unit
- Rehire eligibility
- Opt-in/out of certain benefits
- Any information that needs to be reported on that currently does not exist in the system
The fields defined for the User Defined Lookup Fields will appear on the User Defined Tab of the Employee Demographic Information screen. For more information about the User Defined tab, you can refer to the following article.
User Defined Fields can be a required field. For more information on Required Fields, please refer to the Required Fields article.
If importing Employee Demographic Data that includes User Defined Lookup Fields, then the acceptable fields must be defined on this screen before importing the Employee demographic data.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Field Value Setup in the top menu bar and click on any of the available User Defined L1-15.
- Field Name
- Reply Type - Select Radio List or Dropdown List for how the User Defined information can be selected.
- Radio List
- Dropdown List
- Radio List
- Lookup Value - Create a new value or edit the selected value.
Creating a User Defined field
- Enter a name into the Field Name and select the reply type; a radio button list or a dropdown list. Click Update Field Name.
- Enter your value(s) into the Lookup Value field. Click Save when finished. Repeat as needed.
- The newly added values will be listed at the bottom of the page.
Editing an Existing Value
- Click the pencil icon towards the left-hand side of a value.
- The value will populate the Lookup Value field. After editing the value, click Save.
Deleting an Existing Value
- Select check box on the right-hand side of the lookup value.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Record(s).
- Confirm the deletion of the value.
User Defined Lookup Fields found in the Field Value Setup section are only used for fields in the software that contain a lookup value in a dropdown list. The system also has User Defined Fields that can be used for fields that allow free form text vs a dropdown list of choices. User Defined Fields are found in the Required Fields section by navigating to Setup > Required Fields.