Pay Groups are optional categories used to group employees for payroll purposes.
If no values are defined in this section, then the Pay Group drop-down menu for an Employee's Demographic Information screen will have a "Not Assigned" option.
If your Employee Data Import includes a field for "Pay Group", then you must define the Pay Groups from the Pay Groups page before importing your data from Data > Imports.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Field Value Setup in the top menu bar and click Pay Groups.
Understanding the Pay Groups Page
Setup Options for Pay Groups
- Code - The Code entered in this field can be custom and only allows up to 10 characters.
- Description - The Description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on an employee profile.
Pay Groups List
- - Clicking this icon allows you to edit the description of a pay group.
- Description - The Description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the employee record.
- Number Assigned - The number of employee records for the respective pay group.
- Synced to Payroll
The Actions drop-down menu allows you to:
- Delete Selected Records
Adding a Pay Group
- Enter a code (10-character max) and description for the pay group as required.
- Click Save.
- The pay group will populate the pay groups list.
Editing a Pay Group
- Click the edit icon towards the far left of a pay group.
- Edit the pay group description that loads into the top menu. The pay group code cannot be edited.
- Click Save when finished.
Deleting a Pay Group
- Select the pay group(s) towards the far-right of a pay group record.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Records.
- Confirm the deletion of the pay group. If the deleted pay group is associated with an employee record, the pay group will be removed from their demographic info.