Occupations are optional but are required for use with EEOC reporting in the system. The Occupation field is used to identify (describe) the value for each EEO Class.
If no values are defined in this section, the Occupations drop-down field will be blank on the employee's demographic info page under the EEOC tab.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Field Value Setup in the top menu bar and click Occupations.
Setup Menu for an Occupation
- Occupation - The field to enter the name of the occupation/employee type and how it will be listed.
- - Clicking this icon will allow you to edit the name of the occupation/employee type.
- Employee Type - The employee types listed here will be listed on the occupation field of an employee's demographic info page under the EEOC tab.
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
Adding an Occupation
- Enter the occupation name.
- Click Save.
- The occupation will populate the occupations list.
Editing an Occupation
- Click the edit icon towards the far left of an occupation.
- Edit the occupation information that loads into the top menu.
- Click Save when finished.
Deleting an Occupation
- Select the occupation(s) towards the far-right of an occupation record.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Record(s).
- Confirm the deletion of the occupation(s). If the deleted occupation(s) are associated with an employee record, the occupation will be removed from their demographic info.
Recommend Occupations for EEOC Reporting
Below are the standard EEOC occupations that we recommend if you are using EEOC reporting.
|1.1 - EXEC/SENR OFFICIALS & MGR|
|1.2 - FIRST/MID OFFICIALS & MGR|
|2 - PROFESSIONALS|
|3 - TECHNICIANS|
|4 - SALES WORKERS|
|5 - OFFICE & CLERICAL|
|6 - CRAFT WORKERS SKILLED|
|7 - OPERATIVES SEMI-SKILLED|
|8 - LABORERS UNSKILLED|
|9 - SERVICE WORKERS|
Using an Occupation
After setting up an occupation, it can be used from an employee's demographic info page under the EEOC tab.
- From the menu, expand Employee, expand Employee, and click Demographic Info.
If already viewing employee profile, hover over Employee and click Demographic Info.
- Click the EEOC/Additional Info tab.
- Use the Occupation drop-down menu.
- Save any changes.