EEOC Ethnicity is an optional item, but it must be configured if the client has the Onboarding module, or will be using the EEO-1 Reporting in Core HR. If an EE’s demographic record does not contain a valid Ethnicity Category, the EE will not be listed in an EEO-1 report. If no fields are defined on this screen, then the EEOC Ethnicity dropdown field will be blank on the Employee Demographic Information (and also not listed in an EEO-1 report).
- Ethnicity Category: Configuring this drop-down menu is required for the EEO report to match your configured Ethnicity. Select the hard-coded ethnicity from the drop-down to categorize the ethnicities you have created.
- Note: A category must be assigned for EEOC reporting
- Code: The Code entered in this area can be custom, i.e. the letter "W" could be used to identify "White", the letter "H" could be used to identify "Hispanic or Latino. Please note that if you are going to use the EEO-1 report, it will require the Code entered to be categorized properly with the correct hard-coded Ethnicity Category.
- Note: Ethnicities will require the user to enter a Code and Description. While all accounts are required to enter these values, the values only apply to clients who are configured under Payroll Settings to use EZSync technology.
- Description: The Description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the Employee record.