Employee Types are optional categories for which employees can be assigned. Common uses of the Employee Types include categorizing employees by: Exempt/Non-Exempt, Union/Non-Union, Owner/Non-Owner, Field, Office, Regular, Contractor, Intern.
If no values are defined, then the Employee Types drop-down menu for an Employee's Demographic Information screen will be blank.
If your Employee Data Import includes a field for "Employee Type", then you must define the Employee Type from the Employee Type page before importing your data from Data > Imports.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Field Value Setup in the top menu bar and click Employee Types.
Understanding the Employee Types Page
Setup Options for Employee Types
- Code - The Code entered in this field can be custom and only allows up to 10 characters.
- Description - The Description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the employee record.
Employee Types List
- - Clicking this icon will allow you to edit the description of an employee type.
- Description - The description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the employee record.
- Number Assigned - The number of employee records for the respective employee type.
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
- Delete Selected Records
Adding an Employee Type
- Enter a code (10-character max) and descriptiona for the employee types as required.
- Click Save.
- The employee type will populate the employee type list.
Editing an Employee Type
- Click the edit icon towards the far left of an employee type.
- Edit the employee type description that loads into the top menu. The employee type code cannot be edited.
- Click Save when finished.
Deleting an Employee Type
- Select the employee type(s) towards the far-right of an employee type record.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Records.
- Confirm the deletion of the employee type(s). If the deleted employee type(s) are associated to an employee record, the employee type(s) will be removed from their demographic info.