The U.S. Department of Labor Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) and Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (OFCCP) have supported affirmative actions to employ and advance in employment, "covered veterans" since 2008. As legislatively mandated under 38 U.S. Code, Section 4212, codified at 41 CFR Section 61-300, respectively, contractors and subcontractors who enter into, or modify a contract or subcontract with the federal government, and whose contract meets the criteria set forth in the above legislation/regulations, are required to report annually on their affirmative action efforts in employing veterans. VETS has a legislative requirement to collect, and make available to OFCCP, reported data contained on the VETS-4212 report for compliance enforcement.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Compliance in the top menu bar and click VETS-4212.
From the VETS-4212 page, you will need to complete all required fields and save your information.
Additional Required Information
- Employee Status - The report will include all Full Time and Part Time employees.
- EEO Class and Veteran check box - The EEO Class configuration will place the employee in the correct Job Category. The Veteran Check box will notify the system to review the Veteran Status.
- Veteran Status - This selection will place the employee in the correct Veteran Category.