This tab provides the ability for clients to configure a custom message that will appear on the Employee Portal under Announcements. This text is commonly used to communicate companywide messages such as announcements, special instructions, welcome messages, etc.
The Actions drop-down menu allows you to:
- Add New
- Delete Selected Records
- Select the check box on the right-hand side of the announcement to be deleted
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Records.
Adding New Portal Text
- Click Add New from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Compose your portal text:
- Post Date - Messages can be posted immediately, or future dated using the 'Post Date' field
- Display Order - Allows you to display messages in a specific order
- Active Headline - The message will not display unless the 'Active Headline' box is checked.
- Headline - A short, 30 character preview that is viewable in the Announcement widget on the Employee homepage
- Short Description - Displayed on the Announcement widget on the Employee homepage
- Long Description - Viewed when an Employee clicks on the 'More' button in the Announcement widget on the Employee homepage.
- Click Save & View when finished.
What Employees See
On the employee homepage, they will see the headline and the short description.
Clicking More... will show the long description.