The landing screen for Workflow Management will list all existing workflows that have been created within the system.
Expand Settings and click Workflow Management from the menu.
- Name - Displays the name of the Workflow. Clicking the name of the workflow will show you the properties of the workflow and
- Description - Displays a description of the purpose of the Workflow.
- Type - Displays the resource or person responsible assigned to the workflow.
- Active - Will indicate whether or not the workflow is active.
- Total Instances - Displays each individual instance of a workflow that has been triggered within the system. Clicking the number of total instances will show a detailed list of Workflow instances.
- In Process Instances - Displays Workflows currently in process. Clicking the number of total instances will show a detailed list of Workflow instances.
- Avg Duration - Displays the average number of days it is taking to complete the Workflow
- The Start and End Date fields filter the values for the Total Instances, In Process Instances, and Average Duration columns.
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
The filter will let you specify the date range and active/inactive status of the workflows to filter to.
Creating a Workflow
For more information on creating a workflow, please refer to Creating a Workflow for Core HR.
Editing a Workflow
To edit an existing workflow and any of its steps, you would first click the name of the workflow.
After clicking the workflow name, you can edit the properties and/or steps of the workflow.
- Configure Properties Tab
- Configure Steps
Deleting a Workflow
Deactivate, Don't Delete
It is often preferable to deactivate an old workflow when a workflow is no longer being used so that the reports can be maintained about the old workflow within the system. If you are unfamiliar with setting a workflow to inactive, expand the section below.
- Click the name of the workflow.
- Uncheck the "Active" checkbox, then click Save.
- Use the checkbox on the far right of the workflow(s) to be deleted.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Record(s).
- Confirm the deletion of the record(s).
Duplicating a Workflow
- Use the checkbox on the far right of the workflow(s) to be duplicated.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Duplicate Selected Workflows.
- Confirm the duplication of the record(s).
- The duplicated workflow(s) will be added to the list and appended with "- Copy".