Blackout dates are days employees are ineligible for time off requests. Managers or Administrators are able to create an individual time off record for the configured blackout date, but an employee will not have access to override the blackout date. Blackout dates apply to all employees in the company, but managers can still manually create a time off record as an exception.
- Expand Settings, expand Time and Labor Mgmt and click Time Off Tracking from the menu.
- Click Settings at the top menu bar.
- Click the Blackout Dates tab.
Blackout Date Options
- Blackout Date - Used to specify the date that employees will not be allowed to request off.
- Eligibility Rule - Specify the eligibility group that the blackout date should apply to. For more information, you can refer to the following article.
- Description - Used to provide the name or description of the blackout date. This will be visible to the employee.
Viewing and Filtering Blackout Dates
The table/list of blackout dates is filtered by the calendar year and will always show the furthest most built year of blackout dates by default.
Use the filter icon next to the Actions drop-down menu to show the "Year" drop-down menu.
Adding a Blackout Date
- Enter the information for the blackout date into the given fields. For more information on the available fields, refer to the Blackout Date Options section.
- Click Save.
- After saving the Blackout Date, it will be listed in the table/list below.
Editing Existing Blackout Dates
To edit an existing blackout date, click the date under the Blackout Date column, edit the details, then click Save.
- Click the date link for the Blackout Date you need to edit.
- The information for the blackout date will appear in the blackout date options. Make any necessary edits to the blackout date. For more information on the available fields, refer to the Blackout Date Options section.
- Click Save Blackout Dates when finished.
Deleting an Existing Black Out Date
- Use the check box towards the right-hand side of the blackout date(s) populating your blackout date list.
- Use the Actions drop-down menu and click Delete Selected Records.
- Confirm the deletion of the blackout date(s).