The Holidays tab is used to configure holidays automatically granted by the system.
Holidays are granted as taken transactions during the routine nightly process. This function is bundled with account accruals, at least one accrual rule is needed for holidays to process. Holidays are not granted until the specified date of the holiday so holidays must be built in advance and will not display in time off details or time card views until the day of.
Holidays must be built for each year, the system will not automatically populate holidays for following years. Most companies will build these out annually after finalizing their holiday calendar.
- When saving a new Holiday, the time off types are displayed in a grid below. The table is filtered by calendar year and will always show the furthest most built year of holidays by default.
- To edit an existing holiday, click the date under the Holiday Day column, edit the details, then click Save.
- To delete a holiday, click the checkbox towards the far right, go to the Actions drop-down menu, then click Delete Selected Records.
- Holiday Date - The date the system will create the taken holiday transaction.
- Time Off Type - The type of time off that will be used for the holiday record, in most cases, it will be "holiday" through any built type can be used.
- In many cases it will be "holiday" though any type can be used.
- Units - The number of units (usually hours) that will be specified for the created holiday record. For groups using the time and attendance module, units should always represent hours. Groups using only time off tracking, may use varied units.
- NOTE: For groups using the time and attendance module, units should always represent hours. Groups using only time off tracking, may use varied units.
- Eligibility Rule - The eligibility rule applied to the holiday will determine who receives the holiday transactions. Employees passing the rule will receive a holiday. This function can be used to grant varying length holidays to different employee groups by building multiple holiday records for the same date with different eligibility and units specified.
- Eligibility Rules can be used to grant varying length holidays to different employee groups by building multiple holiday records for the same date with different eligibility and units specified
- Description - This field is used to specify the name or description of the holiday.
Editing Existing Holidays
Once a holiday is added, it will appear in the table below. Holidays are displayed by year - to change the year please select the filter button next to the action drop down menu and select the year.
- Click the Holiday Date you wish to edit
- Notice the holiday will display at the top of the screen - Make any Necessary Edits
Deleting an Existing Holiday
- Select check box on the right hand side of the holiday (populated in the table below)
- Actions Drop Down Menu
- Delete Selected Records