Projects are used within time clock and time sheet cards to allocate hours. Projects may represent departments, locations, clients, etc.
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
- Create Project
- Delete Project
Create a Project
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Create Project.
- Enter any of the following information for your Project:
- Start Date/End Date - Used to limit the use of the project to a given date range. It is not required to specify dates for project values, but can be useful for temporary or season projects.
- Project Code/Project Name - Values that will be associated with recorded hours. Both values appear in the drop-down when selecting the value for use, for consistency, it is recommended to provide the payroll relevant value in the code view and the employee recognizable label in the name field.
- Project Category - Populated based on the values created on the category tab and is used as a means to organize the project structure. This value is not visible to the employee.
- Project Type - Generally set to "Regular" as the other types are used for timesheet employees to indicate the amount of time spent on breaks.
- Comments - Can provide additional details regarding the project. This information is only visible on this screen and should be used only as administrative notes.
- Active for Timesheets - If enabled, the project can be used in the specified time card type.
- Active for Time Clock - If enabled, the project can be used in the specified time card type.
- Exclude Hours Submitted Against This Project from Regular Hours - If enabled, will show the hours on the time card view only. These hours will not be factored into overtime and will report as zero hours on reports.
- Click Save when finished.
Delete a Project
Projects can only be deleted if there are no transactions recorded against them.
- From the Projects tab, click the checkbox towards the far right of a project.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Project.