The Step 3 - Review Time Sheet Cards tab of Pay Period Processing displays an overview of each employee's recorded time sheet data for the selected pay period. As with the other tabs within Time Records the data displayed on this tab is filtered by manager, year, pay schedule, and pay period.
The Actions section has functions for updating the status of time cards for employees. Before an action can be applied to a time card, the time card must be selected using the check box at the end of each row. The cards can be selected/deselected individually or by using the Select All or Deselect All buttons. All cards selected will be affected by the chosen action.
- Mark Selected as Submitted will mark the selected card(s) as submit by inserting the date into the Date Submitted column. Indication of who marked the card as submit will also appear in the icon over details for the employee's card. Marking a card as submit is generally performed at the employee level to serve as the employee's acknowledgement of the accuracy of the card. Once a card is marked as submit the employee will no longer be able to edit the time for that pay period.
- Mark Selected as Not Submitted will removed the submission date and submitted by name from the selected card(s).
- Mark Selected as Approved will mark the selected card(s) as approved by inserting the date into the Date Approved column. Indication of who marked the card as approved will also appear in the over details icon for the employee's card. Marking a card as approved is generally performed at the manager level to indicate that the card has been reviewed.
- Mark Selected as Not Approved will removed the approval date and approved by name from the selected card(s). Marking a card as not approved will also trigger the workflow event "Time Card Denied."
- Email Selected Employees will pull up an email creation interface. It has a count listed of the number of employees that will be receiving the email. Fill out the subject and body text boxes to compose the email then click Send Email. This function is primarily used to remind employees that have not yet submit their time card to do so.
The currently visible cards can be filtered further by Approval/Submission status using the Quick Filter.
If any notes/comments are present for an employee's timesheet it will be indicated by the presence of an icon next to the employee's name.
To navigate to the details of a time card click the employee name of the card to be reviewed. From the detail view, the information within the card can be edited.
The records tabs is the first tab you will see for timesheeets and will display the date range of the selected pay period, split out in seven day intervals beginning with the pay period start date. These tabs display the time data recorded for the employee by day and by project.
Near the top of this tab, the timesheets can be marked as approved or not approved by clicking the appropriate buttons at the top of the time clock cards. The selection employee time clock card can be changed by using the employee drop-down menu.
Rows are added to the time card by selecting project and/or cost center values, then clicking Add to Timesheet. Added rows will be available on all future cards after reloading.
Existing entries can be adjusted by clicking into the field containing hour value, deleting, and entering a new value. Fields cannot be left blank.
Rows can be removed from the time card by clicking the X icon on the end of the row. Removed rows will be removed from all future cards once reload, as long as no data was recorded to that row on a future date range.
On the Timesheet Transaction Pay Rates screen accessed by clicking the linked pay amount the details regarding how rates are applied to the transaction are displayed.
To adjust the pay amount:
- Select a new rate from the Pay Rate dropdown
- Click Recluclate Rates
- Click Save Rates
This page does not allow the adjusting of how hours within a single transaction are split, only which rates apply to each split. The splits are determined automatically by the system based on pay group settings and by the hours reported for each day within the project/cost center row.
Time Off Detail
The Time Off Detail tab provides the ability to manage Time Off Transaction Records. The functionality of this tab mirrors that of the Time Off Detail tab found in the employee menu of the admin portal. This tab is always available to administrators accessing the employee time cards through the admin portal, but is a configurable option for managers through the employee portal.
- Time Off Type - The values in this drop-down reflect the Time Off Types defined within the Time Off Types configuration Tab.
- Transaction Type - Includes the following values:
- Accrued - generally indicates an increase to the Balance as specified in the Units field.
- Carried Forward - reserved for specifying the number of Units carried forward from one year to the next.
- Granted - indicates a pending (not yet taken) decrease to the Balance as specified in the Units field.
- Taken - indicates a completed (already taken) decrease to the Balance as specified in the Units field.
Note: If Accrual Rules are defined within the system then "Accrued" Transaction Records will be created automatically via the Nightly Accrual Process.
The Pay Transactions tab allows an administrator to maintain unlimited compensation activity that fall outside of base pay compensation. Each transaction is time stamped and tagged with a transaction type that provides details such as stipend, bonus, commission and any additional pay. The functionality of this tab mirrors that of the Transaction tab found in the employee menu of the admin portal. This tab is always available to administrators accessing the employee time cards through the admin portal, but is a configurable option for managers through the employee portal.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Create Transaction Record.
- Enter the following information:
- Transaction Date(s)
- Enter the Amount
- Select the Type
- Enter any Relevant Notes
- Enter any other necessary information
- Click Save Record.
The Comments tab displays comments that have been recorded by the employee.
It also contains functions to edit existing comments as well as create new comments.
To add a comment:
- Specify a date
- Enter comment text
- Click Add Comment
To edit a comment:
- Click the edit icon under the Action column on the left-hand side.
- Update date/comment fields as necessary
- Click "Save Comment"
Please note that reports containing comment data will only populate comments recorded on a date that also contains worked hours.
The Emails tab lists the emails generated from the system as a result of actions in the Time and Attendance module.
An email can be reviewed by clicking the view icon for the email record under the Action column.
Submit Time Card
The Submit Time Card tab is primarily used by the employee to mark a time card as submit.
From this tab the time card can be downloaded as a PDF or Excel file. Click the PDF or EXCEL icon for the desired file format. Your web browser will download the selected file.
The Acknowledgement text is configurable, specify this text on the General Settings tab of Time and Attendance Settings.
The card is marked as submitted by clicking Submit Time Card. This will place a date in the "Date Submitted" column of the timesheet overview and well as the submit by name in the hover details.