The Step 2 - Review Time Clock Cards tab of Pay Period Processing displays an overview of each employee's recorded time clock data for the selected pay period. As with the other tabs within Time Records the data displayed on this tab is filtered by manager, year, pay schedule, and pay period.
The Actions drop-down menu has functions for updating the status of time cards for employees. Before an action can be applied to a time card, the time card must be selected using the check box at the end of each row. The cards can be selected/deselected individually or by using the Select All/Deselect All checkbox. All cards selected will be affected by the chosen action.
- Mark Selected as Submitted will mark the selected card(s) as submit by inserting the date into the Date Submitted column. Indication of who marked the card as submit will also appear in the icon over details for the employee's card. Marking a card as submit is generally performed at the employee level to serve as the employee's acknowledgement of the accuracy of the card. For Time Clock - Entry and Timesheet entry methods once a card is marked as submit the employee will no longer be able to edit the time for that pay period.
- Mark Selected as Not Submitted will removed the submission date and submitted by name from the selected card(s).
- Mark Selected as Approved will mark the selected card(s) as approved by inserting the date into the Date Approved column. Indication of who marked the card as approved will also appear in the icon over details for the employee's card. Marking a card as approved is generally performed at the manager level to indicate that the card has been reviewed.
- Mark Selected as Not Approved will removed the approval date and approved by name from the selected card(s). Marking a card as not approved will also trigger the workflow event "Time Card Denied."
- Email Selected Employees will pull up an email creation interface. It has a count listed of the number of employees that will be receiving the email. Fill out the subject and body text boxes to compose the email then click Send Email. This function is primarily used to remind employees that have not yet submit their time card to do so.
The currently visible cards can be filtered further by Approval/Submission status using the Quick Filter.
If any notes/comments are present for an employee's time card it will be indicated by the presence of an icon next to the employee's name.
To navigate to the details of a time card click the employee name of the card to be reviewed. From the detail view the information within the card can be edited.
The Records tab is the first tab viewed when clicking on an employee's name from the Review Time Clock Cards tab and contains transaction level details for an employee's time card.
Near the top of this tab, the time clock cards can be marked as approved or not approved by clicking the appropriate buttons at the top of the time clock cards. The selection employee time clock card can be changed by using the employee drop-down menu.
From the Records tab:
- Existing time records can be edited by clicking the link under the Week Day column.
- New time records can be created from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Existing time records can be deletected by selecting them and using the Actions drop-down menu.
- If using pay rates, they can be edited by clicking the link under the Pay Amount column.
Hovering over the question mark icon under the Detail column will give additional details regarding the transaction. Details included are actual and rounded punch times, total hours by type, and details regarding the last instance the record was modified. Please note that the system regularly marks a record as modified when performing calculations as new transactions are added to the week.
Hovering over the question mark icon under the Project/Cost Center column will show the project and/or cost centers assigned to the transaction.
Create Time Clock Records
- While viewing an employees time clock records, use the Actions drop-down menu and click Create Time Clock Records.
- The edit/creation screen for a time clock transaction has options for creating or adjusting the record.
- Transaction Type drop-down determines if the transaction is for regular , meal break, or rest period time. Regular and rest period are paid hours and may be calculated as regular, overtime or double time based on pay group settings. Meal break is unpaid time.
- Time In Date specifies the date the transaction occurs. If the out punch occurs on the following date, the check box beneath the date field should be marked.
- Time In Time field is used to specify the in time for the punch. The system recommends a format of HH:MM AM/PM, however it will accept most other time formats including seconds.
- Time Out Time field is used to specify the out time for the punch. The system recommends a format of HH:MM AM/PM, however it will accept most other time formats including seconds.
- Deductions field is primarily used by the system when handling auto-meal deductions or when account for DLST transition. It can be used manually to reduce the total time of a transaction.
- Bonus Hours field is used by the system to apply a meal penalty for California employees with qualifying transactions. It is not used to apply additional hours to a time card as the time entered into the bonus hours field is not considered when calculating overtime.
- Entry Note field will contain any system notes regarding changes automatically made to the transaction, it is also where managers/admins should not when an entry is modified.
These notes are visible to the employee, but cannot be entered or edited by the employee unless they are set to the Time Clock - Entry entry method.
- If configured for the module to require projects or cost centers and values have been assigned to the employee, beneath the entry note field will be drop-downs to specify the projects and/or cost centers associated with the transaction.
- When finished adding or editing the time record, click the Add Record/Save Record button.
On the Time Clock Transaction Pay Rates screen accessed by clicking the linked pay amount the details regarding how rates are applied to the transaction are displayed.
To adjust the rate:
- Select the new rate from the Pay Rate drop-down menu.
- Click Recalculate Rates
- Click Save Rates when finished.
This screen does not allow the adjusting of how hours within a single transaction are split, only which rates apply to each split. The splits are determined automatically by the system based on pay group settings.
Time Off Detail
The Time Off Detail tab provides the ability to manage Time Off Transaction Records. The functionality of this tab mirrors that of the Time Off Detail tab found in the employee menu of the admin portal. This tab is always available to administrators accessing the employee time cards through the admin portal, but is a configurable option for managers through the employee portal.
- Time Off Type - The values in this drop-down reflect the Time Off Types defined within the Time Off Types configuration Tab.
- Transaction Type - Includes the following values:
- Accrued - generally indicates an increase to the Balance as specified in the Units field.
- Carried Forward - reserved for specifying the number of Units carried forward from one year to the next.
- Granted - indicates a pending (not yet taken) decrease to the Balance as specified in the Units field.
- Taken - indicates a completed (already taken) decrease to the Balance as specified in the Units field.
Note: If Accrual Rules are defined within the system then "Accrued" Transaction Records will be created automatically via the Nightly Accrual Process.
The Pay Transactions tab allows an administrator to maintain unlimited compensation activity that fall outside of base pay compensation. Each transaction is time stamped and tagged with a transaction type that provides details such as stipend, bonus, commission and any additional pay. The functionality of this tab mirrors that of the Transaction tab found in the employee menu of the admin portal. This tab is always available to administrators accessing the employee time cards through the admin portal, but is a configurable option for managers through the employee portal.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Create Transaction Record.
- Enter the following information:
- Transaction Date(s)
- Enter the Amount
- Select the Type
- Enter any Relevant Notes
- Enter any other necessary information
- Click Save Record.
The Comments tab displays comments that have been recorded by the employee.
It also contains functions to edit existing comments as well as create new comments.
To add a comment:
- Specify a date
- Enter comment text
- Click Add Comment
To edit a comment:
- Click the edit icon under the Action column on the left-hand side.
- Update date/comment fields as necessary
- Click "Save Comment"
Please note that reports containing comment data will only populate comments recorded on a date that also contains worked hours.
The Emails tab lists the emails generated from the system as a result of actions in the Time and Attendance module.
An email can be reviewed by clicking the view icon for the email record under the Action column.
Submit Time Card
The Submit Time Card tab is primarily used by the employee to mark a time card as submit.
From this tab the time card can be downloaded as a PDF or Excel file. Click the PDF or EXCEL icon for the desired file format. Your web browser will download the selected file.
The Acknowledgement text is configurable, specify this text on the General Settings tab of Time and Attendance Settings.
The card is marked as submitted by clicking Submit Time Card. This will place a date in the "Date Submitted" column of the cards overview and well as the submit by name in the hover details.