The first step in configuring your system for a new Benefit Year is to create a new Benefit Package for the new benefit year. The quickest way to do this is to duplicate the structure of the Benefit Package for your current benefit year.
To do this, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Benefits Management
- Select the Benefit Package that represents your current benefit year (i.e. 2013 Benefits Package) by
- checking the box on the far right of the screen
- Click Duplicate Selected Records
- This will create a duplicate of your current benefit package
- Click Benefit Package
- On the tab Step 1 - Configure Package Properties update the following fields:
- Start Date—should reflect start date of new Benefit Year
- End Date—should reflect end date of new Benefit Year
- DOB Effective Date—should reflect the date that should be used to calculate the age of employees for
- Plans that use the employee’s age to determine the employee cost
- Update any other relevant fields
- Click Save and Continue.