In order for the system to be able to calculate correct Per Pay Period costs, a Pay Schedule must be configured for the new Benefit Package. A Pay Schedule consists of a series of records reflecting the actual Pay Period End Dates and Check Dates.
The number of Pay Schedule records should reflect the pay period end dates and check dates during the benefit year. For example, if employees are paid 26 times per year, then 26 records should exist within the Pay Schedule.
- Expand Setup and click Setup Properties. Hover over Pay Schedule Configuration and click Pay Schedules.
- Click the pay schedule that you want to update on the Pay Schedule Properties screen.
- Click Step 2 - Configure Dates tab.
- Select the upcoming calendar year from the drop-down box next to ‘Add a New Year:”
- Click Add.
- Click the Year link for the year that you added to the table. The "Check Dates" and "Pay Period End Dates" should appear towards the bottom of the page.
- Update the Pay Schedule to reflect the actual "Check Dates" and "Pay Period End Dates" for the new Benefit Year in their respective tabs by individually selecting the dates. Click Save Calendars from the Actions drop-down menu when finished.
- Pro-Tip: If both Check Dates & Pay Period End Dates are the same, click Copy Selected Dates to the Unselected Calendar Tab from the Actions drop-down menu of the "Check Dates" tab.
- Repeat these steps if you have multiple Pay Schedules (E.g. Bi-Weekly, Semi-Monthly, Monthly, etc…).