The Steps identified below are meant to serve as a checklist for configuring your upcoming package for Open Enrollment. These steps are reviewed in detail in the pages that follow. Below we have also identified a few important questions to ask yourself as you commence the OE configuration process to highlight potential action items and/or changes needed.
Steps for Open Enrollment Configuration:
- Update Pay Schedules
- Clear Alerts
- Duplicate Benefit Package
- Update Carriers
- Review, Update and/or Add Benefits
- Review, Update and/or Add Plans
- Create a Rollover Mapping
- Create Benefit Records
- Review & Update OE Screens
- Review & Update Event Settings
- Test OE Event
- Open OE Window for Eligible Employees
Important questions to ask prior to OE to identify action items or changes needed:
- Do you have Carrier Changes for the upcoming benefits package?
- If so, you will need new carrier contact info (Carrier Name, Contact Name, Phone, Email)
- Are you adding benefits? Are you adding plans?
- Are there any significant plan changes?
- Which plans will have premium changes?
- Will you have compensation updates on or before the start on the new package?
- If so, a compensation import/update will need to be completed prior to Creating Benefit Records (step 8)