If you will be utilizing the Employee Portal in order for your employees to enroll for benefits in a self-service fashion, then you must create an Event Window for employees to be able to access the Open Enrollment (OE) Event. Typically, the Open Enrollment Event is opened for two weeks or more to allow ample time for employees to be able to enroll in their benefits. However, this time-frame is at the client's discretion.
To open an Open Enrollment Window for a group of employees, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Benefit Management if not already there.
- Click Create OE Window
- You will see the following options:
- The Activation Date is the day (at midnight) the Open Enrollment event will be available to employees in the dropdown Event box on the Employee Portal.
- The Deactivation Date is the day (at 11:59 PM) the window will close, or no longer be available to employees in the Event dropdown box on the Employee Portal.
- Select Benefit Package - This will drive which benefit package employees are making elections for.
- Select Employee Group - If the window should be open for all employees select -All Employees-
- Click Process and Create Windows
- This will create an Open Enrollment Window for each employee that passes the eligibility rule on the Employee Group created and applied.
Create OE Window for Employee Groups
OE windows can be opened for specific groups of employees. For example: Only employees with an Active Benefit Status should see the OE event.
To configure Employee Groups:
- Click on the Manage Groups link next to the Employee Groups drop down.
- If you already have an OE group from a previous year, you can click on the name to edit and populate for this year OR
- You can create a new OE group by clicking on 'Add New Employee Groups'
- Verify that the Eligibility rule applied references the group of employees who should be eligible to see the OE window
- Click Save & Populate.
Return to the "Create OE Window" page and select the new employee group when creating the OE window. For larger groups, this could take an hour or more.
Send Open Enrollment Message to Employees
You may email an Open Enrollment message to employees to notify them of the window for enrollment.
- Navigate to Setup > Setup Properties
- Hover over Employee Portal Setup and click Employee Management.
- Use the same Employee Group that was used for the OE window, enter a subject for the Email, and type your custom message.