Apply any other changes to the new Benefit Package that may be required (i.e. add or remove benefits, add or remove benefit plans, change eligibility rules, etc…).
Updating Benefits and Plans
Benefit and Plan names can be modified from the 'Configure Benefit Structure' tab of a Benefit Package.
- Expand Settings and click Benefit Management from the menu.
- Click the name of the benefit package.
- Click the Configure Benefit Structure tab.
- If benefits or plans need to be added, duplicating the benefit or plan may be the easiest method and the names can be modified. This can be done by selecting the benefit/plans on the right-hand side and clicking Duplicate Selected Records from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, the 'add plan' link next to each Benefit name can be used to add a plan from scratch.
- Changes to Coverage Levels can be made from the 'Coverage Levels' tab after clicking the Plan Name.
- For more information about editing benefit package plans, you can refer to the following article.
Reviewing Benefit Eligibility Rules
It is highly recommended that you review the Eligibility Rules that are in place for your Benefit Structure. The most common issues that arise during Open Enrollment are due to incorrect eligibility rules configured against Benefits and Benefit Plans.
The easiest way to review all of the Benefit Eligibility Rules for an entire Benefit Package is to review the Benefit Eligibility Rule report.
- Expand Reports, expand Benefits Management, and click General.
- Click the filter icon towards the top right, select the new package, and click Refresh Results.
- Click the PDF or Excel icon to view the Benefit Eligibility Rules Reports.