Final Checks: Things to confirm, just before you send the file.
Review the remaining dates for the current production file. We want to avoid the scenarios:
- Sending the OE file while a current year file is processing. This can be done by confirming with carrier before sending the OE file.
- Sending a current year file after the OE file has been sent. This is addressed by deleting remaining schedule dates after the OE file has been sent.
- Export is out of Test Mode
- Export is not configured to send to export history only. Typically, should be FTP or SFTP
- If other than SFTP- make sure there is pgp encryption
- Confirm the checkbox: Include Terminated Dependents from Change Log (Export Reason = 'Coverage Terminated.'). is not checked.
- Export Effective Date is set to the new package effective date. (unless benefits are off cycle)
- Correct benefits are selected. Note especially the Carriers for the benefits selected.
- Only if Explicit Terms are required:
- Are the current benefits also included?
- If Explicit Terms being sent – Did you run the utility? **Best practice is to run this utility just prior to sending the OE file, keeping in mind the utility does not run on demand, but as a system process.
- Check an example in both the Employee and Dependent records if possible to confirm data sent correctly.
- Check the mapping for hard coded dates
- Hard coded dates are needed for explicit terms
- Hard coded dates are typically not needed otherwise.
- Check the Employee Record.
- Check the Dependent Record.
Well done! Send the OE file.