Carriers allow you the ability to assign and track benefit plans within a package to their respective providers. You will often want to see all the benefit plans that each carrier has been assigned.
Within the system, plans are unable to be saved until carriers have been created and assigned appropriately. EDI files for enrollment are managed by carrier assignment within the benefits package for that plan year.
- From the menu, expand Settings and click Benefit Management.
- Click Carriers from the top-menu bar.
- Carrier - The provider selected. Clicking the name of the carrier will allow you to edit the carrier entry.
- Contact - Name of the primary contact entered for the carrier.
- Phone - Phone of the primary contact entered for the carrier.
- Email - Email of the primary contact entered for the carrier.
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
Adding a New Carrier
The Provider tab should be used to track Provider Information specific to your account. The Primary Contact Information should generally reflect your primary electronic transfer contact (i.e. EDI Analyst, etc.)
After adding a new Carrier, you can then assign the carrier within a benefits package at the benefit plan level.
To set up a carrier:
- Use the Provider drop-down menu to select the Carrier that you are configuring.
- Enter the contact information of your primary contact.
- Click Save Provider to save the carrier entry and to refer to any of the other tabs.
- If you have any account documents for the carrier, you can upload the file and provide a name for the file here.
The Export Information tab will present information from the Global Provider Library for the provider selected on the provider tab. This information is read-only and provides detailed information regarding the electronic export capabilities of the Provider.
The documents/resources listed on this page are pulled from the Global Provider Library for the provider selected from the provider Tab. This information is read-only and provides detailed information regarding the electronic export formats/documentation for the provider.
Editing a Carrier
To edit a carrier, click the name of the carrier from the list under the Carrier column.
Carrier Contact Information
Using the Carrier Contact Information option in the Actions drop-down menu allows you to download a PDF list of all your carriers and primary contact information. An example of this report has been provided below.