The "History" function of ExakTime Mobile allows the user to view the punches created on the device. This can help you in situations where an employee does not remember if they actually clocked in/out. They can simply tap the History tab on ExakTime Mobile to review any of the punches created within the past 2 weeks.
The time record history will respect an employee's viewset. If the employee, such as a supervisor, has permission to view other employees, they will be able to view the time punches they created on a copy of ExakTime Mobile as well. This can help your supervisors make sure that employees had clocked in/out on ExakTime Mobile if multiple employees are sharing a device.
- Go to Manage and click Security Roles.
- Select the appropriate security role or create a new one.
- Enable the option for History on the right-hand side. If you would like to learn about the other possible options for a security role, you can refer to the following article.
- Click Save when finished.
- If you are unfamiliar with assigning the ExakTime Mobile security role to your employees, you can refer to either of the following articles to learn how to assign a security role to individuals or multiple employees.
- There will be a brief delay after updating/assigning a security role before the new permissions are recognized by ExakTime Mobile.
How Employee's Use History
Employees will tap the History tab. If they do not see the history tab, make sure that they sync ExakTime Mobile, log out and log back in to see the new menu option.
- Employees will simply tap the History tab from the Time Clock screen of ExakTime Mobile.
- The History tab will show time punches created from the past 2 weeks. The punches will indicate if the record was sent or not towards the left.
- Tapping a punch will allow you to view more information about the time punch.