The "History" function of ExakTime Mobile allows the user to view the punches created on the device from the past 2 weeks. This can help you in situations where an employee does not remember if they actually clocked in/out or if a supervisor needs to confirm who had clocked in for the morning if the employees share a device to clock in/out upon.
The History tab respects viewsets, so an employee can see other employees' punches depending on their viewsets. This can be useful for Supervisors but is not advised for your average employee.
If you would like your employees and/or supervisors to view their time cards, you can enable Time Cards on ExakTime Mobile. For more information, you can refer to the following article.
- Go to Manage and click Security Roles.
- Select the appropriate security role or create a new one.
- Enable the option for History on the right-hand side. If you would like to learn about the other possible options for a security role, you can refer to the following article.
- Click Save when finished.
- If you are unfamiliar with assigning the ExakTime Mobile security role to your employees, you can refer to either of the following articles to learn how to assign a security role to individuals or multiple employees.
- There will be a brief delay after updating/assigning a security role before the new permissions are recognized by ExakTime Mobile.
How Employees Use History
Employees will tap the History tab. If they do not see the history tab, make sure that they sync ExakTime Mobile, log out and log back in to see the new menu option.
- Employees will tap the History tab from the Time Clock screen of ExakTime Mobile.
- The History tab will show time punches created from the past 2 weeks. The punches will indicate if the record was sent or not towards the left.
- Tapping a punch will allow you to view more information about the time punch.