A new workflow has been added within Core HR where customers can easily upload their employees’ W2 Forms. W2 PDF files can be a continuous file with all employees W2 within the file. Core HR will “split” the W2 file by employee and post to the employee’s W2 detail page within Core HR, which is accessible via the Employee Portal.
Requires Template Configuration
W2 PDF templates will need to be set up by Arcoro to utilize the W2 PDF interface within Core HR. You will not be able to upload your W2 PDF file until a template has been configured by Arcoro. Please work with your account manager to get this accomplished.
Granting W2 PDF Permission
Existing users will need to have the new navigation option enabled to access W2 PDFs. If you have not yet done this, you can expand the following section for the steps.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Administrators.
- Click the name of the user that should have permission to the Carrier Billing Report.
- Click the Page Settings tab.
- From the Data section, scroll through and enable W2 PDF with the checkbox.
- Save any changes. The admin may need to sign out and back in to see the option.
Importing W2 PDF
- Navigate to Data, expand Imports, and click W2 PDF from the menu.
- Select the W2 format template from the drop-down menu and choose the W2 PDF files to import from your computer.
- Core will begin to “split” the W2 PDF file by employee and year and will display the results for you to review and verify.
- After it has been validated, "Approve and Complete" the process to post each individual W2 Form for each employee. Your employees will be able to review the uploaded W2 Forms within 24 hours of the W2 Form import being approved and completed.
Reviewing W2 Forms
The W2 forms can be accessed on the employee pay stub view under the payroll menu option, or by the Employee when logged into their Employee Portal.
The pay stub(s) for an employee can be accessed under the payroll menu of an employee profile.
- Expand Employee, expand Payroll, and click W2 from the menu.
- The page will show you any uploaded W2s for the employee.
Before employees can view their W2s from the employee portal or mobile app you must first ensure you have the menu option enabled. If you have not yet done this, you can expand the following section for the steps.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Employee Portal Setup from the top-menu bar and click Employee Portal.
- Click the Quick Links tab.
- Enable W2 with the checkbox, then save your changes.
Employees can review their W2s by clicking View W2 Page in the Pay Data tile of the Employee Homepage.